Tuesday, August 22, 2006

To Post or Not to Post...


It can be a quandary.

On one hand, I can just ramble on about every little thing. On the other hand, I can wait until I have a newsworthy event or amazing deep epiphany of some kind. I'm reminded of the old Cheech and Chong episode: "The first day of my summer vacation: I woke up. I got dressed. Then I went downtown... To look for a job. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The second day of my summer vacation: etc. etc. etc."

I could have a little blurb here about another of the many things that piss me off, like the brand new loaf of bread I opened up this morning that is short--So short my lunch meat had to be folded to fit. You know, you can check out bread after bread, and you still get something wrong. Either a short (heightwise) loaf, a loaf with a big hole through the bread in the middle somewhere where you can't see it until you get into it, or one with a teeny hole in the bag you didn't notice that causes your bread to lose freshness. See? I could go on and on about bitchy shit, but what's the point of that? Pick a subject and I'll bet I can find a rant about it.

Or how about the delightful meal I prepared for dinner last night? Mundane topic for sure, but more "positive." I could go on about the little fillets of Tilapia that I lovingly breaded and pan fried to a perfect golden crust, to be accompanied by a side of green beans and potatoes. Oh, and don't forget that huge Caesar salad... Yeah, it was the kind from the "kit" but I added (again, lovingly) freshly diced tomatoes. (Vine-ripened if it matters.)

Or I could completely jump track and mention the neighbor across the back fence that somehow doesn't believe in curtains, but instead has three strategically-placed pieces of styrofoam stood up against the window. They don't cover much. Although she's a big woman, I have to admit I look from time to time. Hey, it's all good. Besides, it's kind of hard not to when you're up on a tall second floor and looking down. Maybe she likes being watched? Who knows. I just know I have my own version of "The Ugly Naked Guy" that they always used to talk about on Friends, and I think it's kinda cool.

Anyway... See what I mean? There's just never anything to write about... ;-)

No comments: