Saturday, August 26, 2006

A Day of Nakedness


Yes, that is what today is. I'm a little nervous having never been to a nudist place before, but I'm also excited at the same time. I hate the terms nudist camp and nudist colony. Both of them seem like prisons for whackos. Is that what society thinks of us? Possibly... I'll call it a nudist resort. Yeah, that has a nice ring to it. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it. I love outdoor concerts (any concerts actually) and to be able to add nudism to it is just too cool.

I did a little shopping on the way home from work yesterday, partly in preparation for today. I hit up Walmart and bought a soft cooler that's a decent size. I needed something big enough to put a bunch of beverages in, but still had room for some food as well. This one was only 10 bucks and also has a removable hard plastic liner in it, which is good when you want to fill it full of ice like I'm going to do. I also bought a case of bottled water to supplement the beer I'm taking. Another stop over at the toiletries aisle (can you tell I had a mental shopping list?) netted me a bottle of SPF 15 sunblock (I didn't really want to go for the SPF 30... I hope I didn't screw up) and a bottle of hand lotion (unrelated). When I stopped by the electronics section to buy myself some new rechargeable camera batteries (which I did get... 2 packs of 4 each for only 7.25 each) I also ended up buying a present for Sarah: A nice TI graphing calculator. She is a smart one, and her school workload is still containing some pretty heavy duty math classes.

I stopped by their house on the way home, and as I was going down their street I saw Teresa in her car behind me. I slowed in front of their house to let her go by me and into the driveway. When I drove into the back, I saw Sarah was out in her pool cleaning it which is a good thing. This is one of the last good weekends of summer left, so she needs to get her use out of it. I went up to her and said, "Here, I decided that since you are twice as smart as me and mom that you needed a good calculator for school." She really liked it, saying how much she needed one. Well of course she needed one, and at over a hundred bucks, you know Teresa would never buy her one.

T had just come from Costco, and one of the things she had bought was a giant "take and bake" pizza. She asked me if I wanted to stay and have pizza with them, but to be honest I just couldn't wait to get home and strip. I was hot standing there in 80+ sun... And I also knew that she had no beer. I also had pizza for lunch at work to help celebrate a coworker's last day on the job. I told them both I was going to Nudestock today and that I wasn't sure how that was going to be, but that I thought it should be pretty cool. Although she didn't say anything other than "huh..." (as in, 'how bout that') I know it will give her something to talk about.

I didn't have much to post yesterday morning, so I spent my coffee time installing more software. The computer is humming along effortlessly. It hasn't burped once since I set it up. I guess I'll go ahead and hook the hard drive from the old one into it now and slide all the files I want over to this one. Although the programs things get reinstalled new and most of my important files are backed up, there are still a lot of things on the other drive that I want and need, like mp3's and such.

I decided that I would stop limiting myself to just black and white clip art on my posts... There are just so many cool things to use. I'm coming out of the dark ages. Hey, that could be symbolic of my day today as well... How about that!

No comments: